Last Updated: 17/04/2020
Advertising Cookie and OPT-OUT
Information We Collect and How We Use It
We may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you sign up with Strong Communities Ltd., we ask you for personal information. We may combine the information you submit with information from other Strong Communities Ltd. services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. This won’t occur without your consent unless necessary for site security. This data is retained for as long as you have an active service with Strong Communities Ltd..
- Log information – When you access the services of Strong Communities Ltd. via browser, application or other client our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account. These logs are retained for a period of 30 days and are used for anti-fraud and website security purposes. After this time, these logs are automatically deleted.
- Traffic information – When you access the services of Strong Communities Ltd. via browser, application or other client we record certain information using our traffic analysis tool, Google Analytics. This information is stored in an anonymised manner, but does include data such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account. These logs are retained for a period of 12 months and are used for content and marketing planning purposes so that we can improve our content and services. After this time, these logs are automatically deleted.
- User communications – When you send email or other communications to Strong Communities Ltd., we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. When you send and receive SMS messages to or from one of our services that provides SMS functionality, we may collect and maintain information associated with those messages, such as the phone number, the wireless carrier associated with the phone number, the content of the message, and the date and time of the transaction. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our services but never to send you communications that are not related to your services or that you haven’t opted into.
- Location data – Strong Communities Ltd. offers location-enabled services. If you use those services, Strong Communities Ltd. may receive information about your actual location (such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device) or information that can be used to approximate a location (such as a cell ID). This data is not recorded without your permission and is not held for any longer than the period required to deliver the specific service.
In addition to the above, we may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, protect, and improve our services (including advertising services) and develop new services; and
- Protect the rights or property of Strong Communities Ltd. or our users.
If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use. Strong Communities Ltd. processes personal information on our servers in Australia and internationally. In some cases, we process personal information outside your own country.
You can use Strong Communities Ltd. to review and control the information stored in your Strong Communities Ltd. account. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some of the Strong Communities Ltd. features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Strong Communities Ltd. only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Strong Communities Ltd. in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of TerraMedia, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.We restrict access to personal information to Strong Communities Ltd. employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.